This is WORK IN PROGRESS
documentation for the NEXT
version of Dojo.
|Developers:||Bryan Forbes, Sam Foster, Mike Wilcox, Nathan Toone, Jared Jurkiewicz
dojox.html offers additional HTML helper functions.
New in 1.4 dojox.html.ellipsis
Adds cross-browser support for a "dojoxEllipsis" class.
- To use, include the ellipsis.css file and dojo.require("dojox.html.ellipsis");
- To function properly - the parent node of the desired ellipsis-ized node should have a defined width
- NOTE: When using the dojoxEllipsis class within tables, the table needs to have the table-layout: fixed style
- NOTE: The dojoxEllipsis class should be placed on a block element (such as a div) and will not work on td elements
New in 1.4 dojox.html.entities
Adds support for encoding and decoding HTML/XML entity characters in text. Also provides basic mappings of character to entity encoding for HTML and LATIN (8859-1), special characters. For information on entities see: Entity Reference and Latin (8859-1) Entities
- To use dojo.require("dojox.html.entities");
- you now have access to entity array mappings for HTML (dojox.html.entities.html) and LATIN-1 (dojox.html.entities.latin)
- To encode a string with default encodings (HTML and LATIN-1) you do: str = dojox.html.entities.encode(str);
- To decode a string with default encodings (HTML and LATIN-1) you do: str = dojox.html.entities.decode(str);
- For more information, please see the entities documentation.
New in 1.4 dojox.html.format
Adds utility functions in for formatting HTML.
- To use dojo.require("dojox.html.format");
- you now have access to a prettyPrint function, one that takes a string of HTML text and tries to format it so that it is easily human readable.
Translate CSS values to pixel values, calculate scrollbar sizes and font resizes
- Formerly private to dojox.gfx, now available in dojox.html
- Includes translation of relative CSS values (such as medium, small, x-small, etc.) to actual pixel values
- Translate other CSS units (such as em, pt) to pixel values
- Scrollbar sizes (width and height)
- Ability to detect font resizing
A generic content setter, including adding new stylesheets and evaluating scripts (was part of ContentPane loaders, now separated for generic usage)
Insert, remove and toggle CSS rules as well as search document for style sheets
- Insert and remove CSS rules.
- Search document for style sheets.
- Toggle sheets on and off (based on the W3C spec).