This is WORK IN PROGRESS
documentation for the NEXT
version of Dojo.
Dojo 1.3 Release Notes
These are the release notes for the Dojo Toolkit 1.3 release.
Dojo has been upgraded to work with IE8
Chrome is supported, and also any other browsers based on the webkit renderer.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 through 8.0
- Firefox 1.5, 2.0, and 3.0, Firefox 3.5 (1.3.2 only) (Dijit supports only FireFox 2+)
- Safari 3.2, Safari 4.0 (1.3.2 only)
- Chrome 1.0, Chrome 2.0 (1.3.2 only)
- Opera 9.6 (Dojo Core only)
- Konqueror 3.5+ (Dojo Core only)
- Rearchitected to be implemented using <textarea> node, thus eliminating issues w/pasting rich text and other quirks of previous implementation (#2178, #4988, #7383, #8063, #8211, #8222, #8274, #8276, #7740)
- Added maxlength parameter to limit number of characters allowed to be typed
New feature (betweenThreshold) to drop an item between two other tree nodes, rather than into a tree node. Allows user to control position element appears in a child list.
Can now hover/click over entire tree row, even to the left of the expando (plus/minus sign). The highlighting affect also spans the whole width of the row.
Note that it's using transparent png images for the row highlighting hover effect, so that hovering over a tree row doesn't block out the grid lines behind it. Developers have the choice of overriding this styling by:
- not using grid lines at all
- not using a full-width background hover effect
In either of the above cases, users can use a plain background-color CSS rule w/out interfering w/the grid lines.
- nested=true parameter to make second level of tabs visually distinct from first level
- Initialization of layout widgets in hidden tabs fixed (see above). Fixed for StackContainer too.
- Can now support layout widgets (like BorderContainer) as AccordionContainer panes
- AccordionPane was deprecated, use ContentPane or a layout widget instead.
- AccordionContainer was refactored so that the title bars and the content panes are DOM siblings. Change should be transparent.
- Initialization of layout widgets in hidden panes fixed (see ContentPane section above).
- Dialog was refactored so all dialogs share a single DialogUnderlay, stored in dijit._underlay rather than this._underlay. The change should be transparent unless you happen to be subclassing from dijit.Dialog.
- dojox.image.LightboxNano - a lightweight, unobtrusive Lightbox-like widget
- dojox.form.Manager - prototype (experimental) dynamic form management API
- dojox.data.XmlStore - Now provides a default dojo.data.api.Identity implementation. Will work with dijit.Tree and dijit.form.FilteringSelect directly.
- dojox.data.AppStore - A store implementing an Atom store with complete ATOM Publishing Protocol support. Allows reading and writing of ATOM formatted feeds.
- dojox.widget.AnalogGauge - A radial style gauge for displaying numeric data. Implemented via dojox.gfx.
- dojox.widget.BarGauge - A linear bar style gauge for displaying numeric data. Implemented via dojox.gfx.
- dojox.atom - An implementation of an IO layer for working with ATOM feeds.
- dojox.widget.FisheyeLite - Improved configurability via direct object setting for end: values
- dojox.timing.doLater - Checks if your function is ready, and if not, it will "do it later".
- dojox.charting.DataChart - Connects a Data Store to DojoX Charts
- Some command line options have changed. See the migration issues migration for details.
- DOH progress bars no longer go beyond 100%, and clicking on a test header or error range will bring you to the relevant test or log info.
This sections details changes you might need to make if upgrading your app from Dojo Toolkit V1.2 to Dojo Toolkit V1.3
- Prior to Dojo 1.3 an "unload" handler was always added to documents whenever dojo.js was included. This behavior caused "fast-back" caches on some browsers to throw out many pages from the back-button cache without cause, even if no application-level handlers were registered.
- To correct this behavior, dojo.js no longer adds a page handler for unload events by default. Instead, the first time that ``dojo.addOnUload`` or ``addOnWindwowUnload`` are called, the document handlers are registered. This means that scripts which attach to unload handlers by calling dojo.connect(dojo, "unloaded", ...); will NOT have their handler called if no call to dojo.addOnUnload is made in the script.
- As a result of this change, you are strongly encouraged to ensure that unload handler logic in your applications is set up via dojo.addOnUnload or dojo.addOnWindowUnload instead of via listeners to dojo.unloaded or dojo.windowunloaded.
- Some command line options have changed. See util/shrinksafe/README for details or try java -jar shrinksafe.jar -? for usage.
- If you use the build.sh or build.bat files in the util/buildscripts directory, you do not have to make any changes.
- The failing/experimental dojox.presentation project has been removed without deprecation. It was demoted in its current [broken] form to dojoc.sandbox.presentation, where it will likely receive a rewrite.
- the dojox.regexp functions and regexp's provided by dojox/validate/regexp.js are no longer cross-polluting namespaces.
dojox/validate/regexp.js defined dojox.validate.regexp.
dojox.regexp = dojox.validate.regexp is a quick shim to make any code using dojox.regexp functions use the new namespace.
- The full change log is available on bugs.dojotoolkit.org.
- Here is the list of bugs fixed in 1.3.
- Note that many of those bug reports aren't bugs in 1.2, but rather just refactoring work, enhancements, or bugs that appeared after the 1.2 release.